The POD Innovation Award recognizes POD Network members who have developed and implemented creative ideas for educational development. This recognition is presented at the annual conference. The purpose of the award is twofold:
- To encourage participants to share their ideas with colleagues in the POD Network.
- To recognize those working in any area of educational development: faculty, graduate student, instructional, or organizational development.
We encourage both new and experienced participants at the annual POD conference to submit an entry. We welcome submissions on any topic related to educational development, though in 2020 we particularly encourage submissions relating to:
- Individual, CTL, or institutional responses to COVID-19
- Anti-racist pedagogy or other educational development initiatives that support educational equity and people of color in the academy.
To win the POD Innovation Award, at least one author listed on the innovation poster submission is required to:
- Be a member of POD at the time of submission
- If chosen as a finalist, present at the poster session at the POD conference and distribute a handout describing their Innovation Award. Online arrangements will be made for 2020.
- Attend the awards ceremony (when the conference is held in person). In 2020, the awardees will be honored online due to COVID-19.
To apply, submit the following materials:
- Title of your Innovation
- Category (Teaching and Learning; Consulting with Faculty; Workshops, Seminars, Conferences; Organizational Development; Teaching Assistant Development; Faculty Development Using Technology; Other)
- Abstract of your innovation (max. 75 words)
- Description, including the innovationâ€™s goals, what makes it innovative, its impact, and its outcomes (500 words or less. Use theÂ Innovation Award RubricÂ to guide and organize your submission )
- Contact information for all contributors
Apply here: https://podnetwork.org/login/?redir_id=206435