The deadline for submission of proposals is Monday 18 January 2021.
AHE 2021 will be a conference like no other. Incorporating the best elements of the planned but postponed 2020 conference this three day event in Manchester Wednesday 30 June 2021 – Friday 02 July 2021 will now be in the foreground of research, practice, policy and thinking about contemporary assessment practice in the new age of higher education following recent pandemic events. While highlighting new evidence-informed insights into assessment and feedback practices that promote and support learning in HE, workshops, posters and open discussions will also provide opportunities for colleagues to reconsider radically their approaches to higher education assessment and feedback processes. Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Learning from the benefits and disadvantages of emergency arrangements made this year when synchronous on-site assessment was not possible due to the pandemic;
- Moving to more flexible formats of assessment and feedback design processes in the light of changed circumstances;
- Highlighting the importance of continuing to be inclusive and integrating social justice within assessment and feedback approaches;
- Moving from short-term experience to long-term enhancements and transformative assessment and feedback processes;
- Working in partnership with students to develop new assessment and feedback practices including generation and analysis of student voice;
- Making space for truly creative and innovative approaches that might previously have been disregarded in favour of more conventional techniques for assessment and feedback